Yes, pursuing SAP MM Course after completing an MBA in marketing can be a good career choice. While SAP MM (Materials Management) is primarily focused on supply chain management and procurement, it also involves sales and marketing aspects as it deals with the procurement of materials needed for production and sales.
Having an MBA in marketing can provide you with a strong understanding of customer behaviour, market analysis, product management, and sales strategies. These skills can be valuable in the procurement process of materials needed for production, as the procurement of materials is often influenced by market trends and customer demand.
Pursuing a certification in SAP MM can provide you with the technical knowledge and skills required to manage procurement processes within an organization. It can also broaden your career prospects and make you a valuable asset to companies that use SAP MM for procurement and supply chain management.
Overall, the combination of an MBA in marketing with a certification in SAP MM can be an excellent career choice, as it can provide you with a unique set of skills and knowledge that can be in high demand in various industries.
Let us have an idea of what is SAP MM and how to get trained in SAP MM and the job opportunities after completing the SAP MM.
What is SAP MM?
SAP Materials Management in SAP ERP manages procurement processes and inventory management for businesses. It is a critical part of the supply chain management process and is responsible for managing the flow of goods from procurement to production and finally to delivery to customers.
The SAP MM module is designed to automate and streamline the procurement process, from the creation of purchase requisitions and purchase orders to the receipt of goods and invoice verification. It also manages inventory management processes, including stock movements, inventory valuation, and physical inventory.
Some of the key functionalities of the SAP MM module include:
- Master Data Management: This involves managing the master data related to materials, vendors, and purchasing information.
- Purchasing Management: This involves creating purchase requisitions, sending requests for quotation, selecting vendors, and creating purchase orders.
- Inventory Management: This involves managing inventory levels, stock movements, and physical inventory.
- Invoice Verification: This involves verifying invoices against purchase orders and goods receipts.
- Material Requirements Planning (MRP): This involves planning and scheduling the procurement of materials needed for production.
- Logistic Invoice Verification: This involves verifying invoices based on logistics and transportation information.
How to get trained in SAP MM Course?
Follow the below steps to get trained in SAP MM:
- Research SAP MM Training Options: Start by researching the various SAP MM training options available, such as classroom training, online courses, and self-paced tutorials. Look for reputable training providers that offer comprehensive training programs, certification courses, and hands-on experience. Igrowsoft in Hyderabad serves as the best SAP MM training institute.
- Choose a Training Institute: Once you have identified the SAP MM training options by considering the factors such as course content, training delivery method, cost, and duration. Attend a few demo sessions and decide on the training institute and mode of training.
- Practice with SAP MM Software: Practice using SAP MM server on your own time to reinforce what you have learned in training. This will help you become familiar with the software and build confidence in using it. Igrowsoft is providing the access to the server along with the training.
- Get Certified: After completing the training program, consider getting certified in SAP MM. Certification can demonstrate your expertise and increase your job prospects. You can get certified by taking a certification exam administered by SAP.
Overall, getting trained in SAP MM requires dedication and effort, but it can be a valuable investment in your career. With the right training and certification, you can develop the skills and knowledge needed to manage procurement and inventory management processes effectively in an organization.
Job opportunities after SAP MM:
After getting trained in SAP MM, there are various job opportunities available in the market. Some of the job roles that you can consider after getting trained in SAP MM:
- SAP MM Consultant: As an SAP MM consultant, you will be responsible for implementing and customizing the SAP MM module in an organization. You will work closely with business users to understand their requirements and configure the system to meet their needs.
- Procurement Specialist: As a procurement specialist, you will be responsible for managing the procurement process, including vendor selection, negotiation, and contract management. You will use SAP MM to create purchase orders, manage inventory, and track the delivery of goods.
- Materials Manager: As a materials manager, you will be responsible for managing the inventory of materials required for production and sales. You will use SAP MM to plan and schedule the procurement of materials, manage inventory levels, and ensure timely delivery of goods.
Overall, there is a high demand for professionals with SAP MM skills in various industries such as manufacturing, retail, and healthcare. With the right training and certification, you can pursue a rewarding career in SAP MM and build a successful career path.